Skip to content

PRINCE EMANUELE FILIBERTO WENT TO NICE TO DELIVER A 10,000-EURO DONATION ON BEHALF OF THE MONÉGASQUE DELEGATION OF THE DYNASTIC ORDERS IN FAVOUR OF THE “SECTION D’INTERVENTION FEUX DE FORÊTS”. H.R.H. THEN TOOK PART IN THE COMMEMORATION OF 630 YEARS SINCE THE FOUNDATION OF THE ANCIENT COUNTY OF NICE AT THE PALACE OF THE DUKES OF SAVOY IN NICE.

The Monégasque delegation of the Dynastic Orders of the House of Savoy and H.R.H. went to the Fort du Mont Alban in Nice the same morning and were greeted by the President of the Association “Section d’Intervention Feux de Forêts” and by representatives of the municipality of Nice who was waiting for them to deliver the donation.

The 10,000-euro contribution by the Monégasque Delegation will be used to purchase firefighting equipment suitable for forestry intervention, which was shown on the occasion. The special vehicle is fully equipped, can carry up to six firefighters and will be used for emergencies both in France and in the rest of Europe.

The ceremony, which ended with a cocktail reception on the Fort’s roof, was held in the uniquely evocative setting of the fortress built between 1557 and 1560 at the behest of Duke Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy to protect Nice and Villefranche.

TT.RR.HH. Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, Prince Serge of Yugoslavia and Princess Eleanor of Yugoslavia, accompanied by the knights and dames of the Monégasque Delegation of the Dynastic Orders of the House of Savoy, were then received by French deputy Eric Ciotti at the Palace of the Dukes of Savoy in Nice for the commemoration of the ancient of county of Nice.

The Palace, built between 1610 and 1613 by Duke Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy, later became a royal residence and in 1856 Victor Emmanuel II received the Empress of Russia there. After the annexation of the County of Nice by France in 1860, the Palace became the seat of the Maritime Alps Prefecture.

At the end of the ceremony, Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy received the medal of the city of Nice, an honour that strengthens and confirms the historical ties binding the city and the House of Savoy.




Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on whatsapp