In the liturgical memorial of Blessed Amedeo IX, on 30 March H.E. Msgr. Calogero Peri, Bishop of Caltagirone, celebrated the Holy Mass of the easter duty for the dames and knights of the Dynastic Orders of the House of Savoy. The service was celebrated in the Church of the Capuchin Convent of Caltagirone, where the relic of the Holy Shroud donated to the Ven. Innocenzo Marcinòin 1648 by Maurice of Savoy is worshipped.
Members from all of Sicily, together with the members of the National Institute for the Guard of Honour of the Royal Tombs of the Pantheon, who participated with Sicilian provincial delegates, first welcomed the Bishop in the Treasury Hall of the Convent, then went in procession to the church, where the Mayor of Caltagirone, the delegations of SMOM, of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem and of the Rotary club had already taken their seats. During his homily, the Bishop thanked the Sicilian Delegation of the Dynastic Orders for having chosen the Capuchin church for the celebration of the Easter Duty.
The Holy Mass was concluded by a donation in favour of the Convent of Caltagirone. At the end of the service, after reading a message sent by H.E. Msgr. Paolo De Nicolò, Grand Prior of the Dynastic Orders, the participants worshipped the relic of the Holy Shroud and the tomb of Ven. Marcinò.